Within the areas of expertise, Ask for Water GmbH:
- provides consultancy, technical advisory and facilitation services
- undertakes research and documentation
- develops and delivers face-to-face and online training courses
Ask for Water’s core expertise is in:
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) in low-income countries
- Small-scale water supply services in rural sub-Saharan African
- Professional management of water well drilling projects
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Knowledge management – groundwater and rural development
- National performance measurement and Joint Sector Reviews (JSRs)
- Technology transfer & diffusion of innovations
Examples of what the company can do:
- Provide technical advice for grass roots development projects that improve access to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) services and rural livelihoods.
- Facilitate knowledge exchange and communications for research programmes and international development projects.
- Support national governments and partners to understand how the country as a whole is progressing to raise drinking water and sanitation access and ensure environmental sustainability.
- Develop and deliver face-to-face and online training courses on siting, water well drilling, procurement, supervision, and the management of borehole drilling projects.
- Undertake studies on specific problems or bottlenecks faced by international development agencies in relation to water and the environment.
- Document the uptake (or failure) of innovative technologies (e.g. manual drilling on rainwater harvesting).
- Explore ways of using theatre, radio, storytelling and the visual arts to enhance development initiatives.